OneDrive is the cloud technology service that comes with all recent office programs. It allows you to save up to 15GB of files, photos etc, and then access them anywhere on a machine that has OneDrive installed. We recommend using it to save any files you want to keep on your JCR account, as we do not provide network storage for your college account.
As an added convenience, it will allow you to access any files you make on your personal PC and save to the cloud on the JCR machines, and vice versa. To get access to it on your personal machine you should download office 365, which is free for all students while they study at Oxford University.
OneDrive is incredibly easy to set up, and even easier to use.
1. Open your Office program. This guide will be using Word, but this works exactly the same in all other Office programs.
2. Go to file, in the top left, and then open the save as tab in the menu on the left hand side.
3. Go to OneDrive, and then press the sign in button.
4. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you need to go and create one.
5. Type in the email address you used to create your Microsoft account, it will identify your account and then ask you for a password. After that, you’re done! Just log in and start using it. Simply choose OneDrive as your save location instead of the local computer.
6. OneDrive can also store non-Microsoft office documents. Just go to the site, sign in, and then upload or download your files anywhere.
7. You can even use OneDrive to share files between different accounts. Just follow the instructions upon first logging in online.