All Oxford students are able to get one free copy of Microsoft Office, which you can keep using as long as you are here (you have to register for it every year, which takes 5 minutes). It is called Office 365, and it contains all the Office programs you would normally use (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.)
It also has OneDrive built in, which allows you to save your documents online, and access them anywhere you have an internet connection (saving you the trouble of doing backups, and meaning you can access any documents you save there from any college or personal computer without having to carry around a memory stick).
- Start by clicking here.
- From here, click sign in in the top right hand corner. Type your Webauth Single Sign On username and password (e.g. bras**** that you use to sign into your university email address).
- Click on “Student”, and you should see the package for Office 365 ProPlus in front of you. Click this.
- You will be asked to provide your name and email address. Once you have completed the forms, you will be emailed your Microsoft Account Details. These can also be found under “Order Details”.
- Your account name should be your nexus email address minus ”bnc.” so “email@example.com”.
- Finally, you need to go to the Microsoft Website to download your copy of Office.
- Once you have logged in and clicked install you should see this screen. Follow the onscreen steps to complete setup.