All Oxford students are able to get one free copy of Microsoft Office, which you can keep using as long as you are here (you have to register for it every year, which takes 5 minutes). It is called Office 365, and it contains all the Office programs you would normally use (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.)
It also has OneDrive built in, which allows you to save your documents online, and access them anywhere you have an internet connection (saving you the trouble of doing backups, and meaning you can access any documents you save there from any college or personal computer without having to carry around a memory stick).
- Start by clicking here.
- From here, click sign in in the top right hand corner. Type your Webauth Single Sign On username and password (e.g. bras**** that you use to sign into your university email address).
- Click on “Student”, and you should see the package for Office 365 ProPlus in front of you. Click this.
- Your @oxforduni login name is on the ORDER SUMMARY (see screenshot to the left) along with a temporary password. Use it right away - it expires. This is your login for Office 365 on the web at http://www.office.com. To get a new temporary password contact Kivuto: firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free in the UK at 0800 098 8436).
- Finally, you need to go to the Microsoft Website to download your copy of Office.
- Once you have logged in and clicked install you should see this screen. Follow the onscreen steps to complete setup.
- You will have access to Office 365 Pro Plus for a one year and may need to re-verify your status every 180 days